Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Always Something!

Well, the sinus congestion cleared up, but I had an horrendous outbreak of itching last night which I assume is candida related. I was hoping that would go away by now.

I had to travel and went to where I knew there was a juice bar only to find out it closed 7 minutes before I got there (at 6:07). I guess not too many people in the big metropolis of Jacksonville have juice for their dinner. They weren't too sympathetic and offered me some bottled juice. They knew of no other juice bars naturally. I know there is one downtown, but I don't know how to get there.

Anyway, I bought a smoothie at Tropical Smoothie. The clerk said it had lime juice, orange juice, strawberries, and pineapple in it. They also add a sugar to it which she said they could leave out. I only drank a little bit as it was definately inferior to what I had been drinking for the previous 2 weeks. I was surprised to be that sensitive to it, so it was good for me to experience that. I just drank water for the rest of the night. I have to be better prepared, but it is difficult when we're not feeling well.

I am finding myself somewhat frustrated that I have been duped all of my life about what foods are nutritious. Of course, I grew up in the days BEFORE the food pyramid, and as bad as that is, it is no where as unbalanced as what I heard all my life. I spent many years at weight watchers hearing how many proteins were needed each day and forcefeeding skim milk. I can't believe how much ignorance is in the world all for the sake of the dollar. It is truly cutthroat to tell people that they have to have dairy products, for example, when it is obvious they are killing all of us. I am having some resentment about this, so I need to switch up my attitude to be more positive.

Today is Deseret Academy graduation, so I'd better get busy.

No comments: