Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Making Time for what's important


Day 16 Posted May 13, 2008

Last night I started feeling a little rough, and that has continued into today. I have not been around anyone who is sick to my knowledge, so I am guessing this is some kind of cleansing reaction in which case it shouldn't be very long-lived. Perhaps the master cleanser drink (1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup honey mixed with quart of water and cayenne pepper sprinkled in) has kicked the cleansing into a higher gear.

I bought some cilantro at Native Sun the other day for my drinks, and I never realized how strong flavored it is. Wow. I think I like it though, but I might cut back to 1/4 a bunch instead of a half the next time I use it.

I forgot to mention yesterday that we saw Iron Man over the weekend, and he drinks a green drink to help him rebuild after he escapes as a prisoner of war in the Middle East. We suspected he also was drinking wheat grass juice out of his cappacino cup, but that is unsubstantiated. The green drink we know. The nasty looking cup is a dead giveaway! How cool is that???

Graduation is this Friday for Deseret Academy (the school my family and I operate for students who want to earn their diploma through a home school program), and I am up to my eyeballs trying to get everything ready for it.

My mom called today to let me know she wants to have my brother's birthday party here on the weekend, and the refreshments are to be all raw including a cake. I told her there were plenty of dessert type offerings, but a cake, no. I was pretty surprised he'd want that for his birthday, but I guess he's up for something different. I knew if he tried it, he would be intrigued by it even if he doesn't want to do it for life (wihich I hope he will). He is trained as a chef, so we are hoping he will be a raw chef. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I like to write the blog after I listen to the David and Katrina video, but I see it is on walking (exercise), so I'll close now as I don't expect to be particularly inspired. I know I should get out there every day, but I am always surprised at how many other things get in the way. On my way out to the garden today (you may recall that was a goal I talked about yesterday) the phone rang about 5 times all with little "assignments" that needed to be taken care of. Needless to say, I never got out there yet. (I will though as I've used up all my parsley and must have it for my green drink later.) I really would like to have more control of what I do in my life and when I do it. Next to my food choices, I would say the lack of time management has the next most detrimental effect on my life. I think the 90+ days we do this will help me unclog my life as well as my body.

Actually, after listening to their video I was inspired with something that was said about it being important to walk because we need to be outside connecting with nature. I need to look at walking as a form of meditation, not exercise.

Yesterday, I got in my 4 quarts! Yay!

No comments: