Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 4 revisited

Day 4! Oh My!Posted on May 1, 2008

I simply cannot believe I am into this 4 days! When I started I had no idea I had so little faith in myself. As I have gone through each day I have realized that subconsciously I didn't think I could do it. i think that is rather odd. I also know that if we believe something subconsciously, it usually works itself out that way. So why am I still at it if my subconscious didn't think I would make it? I think it has to do with the global nature of this and the belief system changing as I hear of so many other juice feasters.

Of course, this all sounds silly compared to the whole 92 day aspect of it. 88 more days is a very long time. I like what David said on one of the earlier days about having plenty of time to get it right. Kind of puts it in a nice perspective.

I did get my lemon water this morning. Yay! Tongue scraping too. I also walked for at least 20 minutes outside, so I got both of those goals. It was such a beautiful day outside today, I couldn't wait until I could walk. We finally got out before sundown.

No time this morning to fix green juice, so I missed training my body. I guess it is a good thing I have 88 more days to get it right. I had my grapefruit juice with the tangerines that I have everyday. I knew I wouldn't be home to prepare juice, so I took lemon juice and honey and bottles of water. I was not even where there is a kitchen, so i had a cooler in my truck. I never got enough of a break to go drink it, so I just made another grapefruit juice when I finally got home. I added celery to it, a fennel sprig from the garden, and some pineapple. It made a quart and a half, so that was good since I was several hours behind schedule. I really am not very good at this scheduling thing.

After that juice I had some serious indigestion, so I'm not sure what that was about. It didn't get better until after the walk which I did about an hour after drinking the juice. Maybe I just needed to get things moving. Today was the first day with no bowel movement at the normal time(s). The walk helped with that.

I'm not really trying too hard to figure things out. I have learned over the years that I'm usually not right about what I'm guessing. What I do know is that I can trust my body, and even when things don't seem right, if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, my body will do what needs to be done. Eventually equilibrium will be attained.

I am very much enjoying the rest this feast is giving me. I only slept 4 hours last night but awakened refreshed. So while I am not resting in the traditional sense, I feel very unencumbered with something. Not sure what yet. I am working very hard, so I am not particularly relaxed. I just feel freer or something. Can't quite put my finger on it. I am also getting more work done which is a good thing this time of year.

I'm so excited about tomorrow! Did I mention it will be day 5????

No comments: