Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 10 revisited


Day 10 - Wow! Posted May 7, 2008

What a wonderful day! I cannot believe I am alive to experience all of the amazing things going on in my life.

I was blessed by some experiences with my granddaughter this morning. I was tending her, and she was bored because I was working. I reached a point where I could stop, and we went for a nice long walk. She loves to go for walk to look for wildflowers. She taught me a valuable lesson when she picked a flower she had not seen before, and after showing it to me, she turned back to the plant and said "Thank you." Her acknowledgement in the plant's participation in her joy was very touching to me. Later she didn't pick a particularly pretty flower because it was too pretty, and she was sure the plant would want to keep it a little longer.

My gift (besides all the others!) was that we found several pitcher plants. I had only seen these in books, so I found them very amazing in person. They were in flower which was interesting, and one had trapped an ant, so she delighted in freeing it even if it meant the plant would not be fed. The idea of a plant needing animal nutrition was a little counter-intuitive.

Then I had some time to listen to the day 10 video and David Wolfe's goal-setting video. This was very mind-boggling. I have written down some goals, but I think I will follow their advice and not liimit my goals to the "important ones" I would usually restrict myself to. I like their idea of a chart with all the types of goals cross-referenced to their level. I can't wait for the CANI (Constant and never-ending improvement) to begin (or should I say continue?).

How blessed we are to be on this journey. I am feeling well and strong so far. Detox is at a minimum, I think. This has opened up so many avenues to me that I feel very naive in the experiences I have had previously. I would never have imagined there were so many opportunities out there.

No comments: