Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 3 revisited

Posted on April 30, 2008

Officially the longest time i have ever gone without solid food. I've done lots of 2 day fasts, but I've never gone the distance (hahaha) before to make it to 3. How absurd that will sound in 89 days!!!!

Before I tell how today went, I have to write about an awesome juice I had last night after I had already blogged. I don't usually drink savory juices (as compared to sweet), so I wasn't sure if I would like it. It was ugly too, but delicious: tomatoes, a thin slice of onion, an orange pepper, and a few handfuls of spinach. Besides being very tasty, it had the added benefit of helping me get more greens down. That 2 lb deal is a bit of challenge for me.

I was amazed when I read in Mark's blog that he juiced 1 1/2 pounds of endive for one juice! I am definately not there yet. I thought I was doing great to get the whole bunch of celery into a juice...

Speaking of which, my morning juice was 3 apples, 1 lb blueberries, 1/2 lemon, 1 cuke, 1 bunch of celery hearts, and greens: spinach, spring mix, alfalfa sprouts, parsley.
This only made a quart of very thick juice, so I diluted it with water to make 2 quarts. Not too great, but the lemon got me through it.

I had one quart at breakfast and the other about dinner time. Lunch was the usual: 4 grapefruits, 3 tangerines.

I was working most of the day, so I haven't had my 4th juice, and it is very late, so I will probably not try to do it. I also forgot my water again this morning, but Roger said he'd help me remember it tomorrow. He's really good at stuff like that.

I work at home most of the time, so you'd think I could get my juices in better, but I'm not good at stopping in the middle of a project to make stuff.

I DID do my skin brushing, and I attempted the hot cold shower thing. I think I did 3 rounds. I do hate cold water!

I had a very weird experience while I was drinking my dinner juice (left over from the morning). I had tremendous feelings of doubt and wanted to give up. I kept thinking of all the reasons I'm doing this and how great I'm feeling, but it still took all my powers of persuasion to convince myself to stay with it. I just don't understand how I can be so committed one minute, and the next WHAMMO. I felt fine after a few minutes; I guess it lasted about 45 minutes. I did some deep breathing, and that helped.

I'm having a little detox thing going - itching like crazy. Hopefully that will be shortlived as well.
Looking forward to day 4.

No comments: