Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Soup and Salad, again

No time for pictures today. We drank our "hot" lemonade all day while working in Palakta. I just made 2 quarts of it, one for Roger, and one for myself, and we ran out to the van when we got the chance for a sip of it.

When we got home, Roger juiced a bunch of celery for the cuke soup, and it was delicious and very light and nourishing as usual. I also made untuna salad from the sunflower seeds I had sprouting. This is Wyatt's favorite. Or one of them. The sprouted wheat crackers also came out of the dehydrator, and Wyatt said they tasted like popcorn. That's a new one. I haven't had one yet.

We had green salad left over from dinner last night upon which to plop our untuna pate, and it was quite tasty, but I haven't been very hungry for salad lately which is very unusual for me. I'm in the soup mode, I guess, and juice.

Well, that's all we ate today. Roger is still polishing off his pie...

It's interesting, isn't it, how we don't overeat the raw foods as much as their cooked counterparts. It's certainly not for lack of taste. I think the nourishing value of them is certainly an aspect of it. The cooked foods, and certainly the junk foods, don't have the nutritional value, so we find ourselves eating more than we should to get satisfied. We're satisfied on many fewer calories when eat foods in their natural state. Nice, huh, not to have to feel like a glutton all the time.

We drove past a former favorite restaurant today, and I felt the heaviness in my stomach I would experience when eating there. It is extremely unpleasant, and a feeling I am NOT anxious to experience ever again even if the addictive side of my head is telling me I want to experience the "taste" sensation.

No comments: