Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mango-Pina Piiiiie


Only had one quart of my "hot" lemonade today, but boy, was it delicious. I really love it. I don't look forward to it because it is so spicy, but when I'm drinking it, I really love it.

Finished up the cheeses today. After they fermented, I refrigerated them until I could get to them. The cheddar cheese is a fantastic new recipe I will be using many times over. I can't wait to try it in a broccoli soup tomorrow! I'm dying for some raisin cheeze too, but I can wait til tomorrow if I have to. I think the hemp cheeze will be a new addition we all will like as well.


We also made up the mango-pina pie, but didn't have time to freeze it, and I think it fixes up better that way. Everyone still liked, but I'll make sure to allow time to freeze it next time.


The crust is just smushed soul dates with cinnamon and a pinch of salt. The filling is 2 cups mango, 2 spears pineapple (about 1/2 a pineapple, I think), 2 cups soaked cashews, 1/2 to 1 cup agave (depending on sweetness of fruit), and 1/2 cup lemon juice blended in the blender til smooth. It can be topped with a sprinkling of coconut, but I didn't have any more. This is a variation of a recipe in Matt Amsden's Rawvolution.

Also got a new pic for me. Not sure it's a final one..., but we'll see. I thought I'd try to get Roger to photograph me when I do my food pics and see how they come out.

Darius and Alicia checked on the farmer's market in Jacksonville (the Beaver Street Market), and it looks like we may be going there to hawk some of our goods.

No comments: