Sunday, April 26, 2009


Before church, I slid a mango down. I love the new kind we found this year. After church, I had a few more. There is nothing better than a nice, ripe mango.

The kids were coming over for dinner, but I got hungry about 4:00, so I made some yogurt up out the cashew cheese by mixing in some honey and lemon juice. I poured it over some pineapple and banana. It was delicious.

When the kids got here, I made up some mango lassis: 2 cups almond milk, 1/2 cup agave, 2 cups frozen mango, and 8 teaspoons lemon juice. Nice appetizer.

Then I made up some tartar sauce for the crab cakes (just some dill pickle diced up and mixed into the un-tuna mayo along with some onion). Then I sliced up some baby cukes into a vinaigrette made from apple cider vinegar, agave, and a touch of salt and dill. We also had some corn I cleaned up and mixed with lemon juice, EVOO, and dill (just a light sprinkling). Topped off with sliced tomatoes, and we had a lovely meal.


We talked about the foods for this weekend, so I put some cashews on to soak for the curry cashews. I also put some soaked almonds in the dehydrator as I would like to make almond butter from soaked and sprouted almonds to see if they are different. A soaked nut would always be preferable to an unsoaked one as the enzyme inhibitors are present in unsoaked nuts. To make almond butter, the soaked and sprouted nuts would have to be dehydrated to insure the nut butter is stable (oil and water don't mix!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that mango drink looks so good ma! hee hee

Luis ♥