Saturday, April 25, 2009

Marathons Come in Various Forms

We had lemon milkshakes for breakfast. Angelina was pretty excited about that. It was kind of like dessert for breakfast!

2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup agave
4 cups frozen banana pieces
2 T coconut oil

We had a marathon cooking session today. We learned to make a crab tasting patty at Present Moment. I call them Crabby Patties. I've adapted the recipe a little bit.

About 3 cups coconut meat in the food processor with 2 stalks celery, 1 small red pepper, a few green onions, 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and about 1/4 cup mayonnaise. (I used the mayonnaise I use with the un-tuna).

I grind some dehydrated corn in my wheat grinder and mix some into the coconut mixture until it thickens up a little. Then I put a scoop of the mixture in the corn meal and "bread it". I then dehydrate them for a couple of hours. These are quite delicious.

We then made my version of the Sunlight Burger, my favorite of which is the burger sold at Present Moment. I don't know their recipe, but this is how I make it.

2 cups of almond pulp left from making almond milk
2 cups sprouted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 1/2 cups soaked and dehydrated walnuts

about 6 mushrooms
a few stalks of celery
4 carrots
1 onion
6 cloves of garlic
nama shoyu
pepper to taste
handful of parsley
1 tablespoon ground cumin

I like the texture derived from running this through the juicer with the blank plate. We then scoop 2 scoops on the teflex for each patty. We then smooth it with the spatula to make a patty shape. Then I dehydrate for a few hours and turn it out on the mesh to finish dehydrating. These are good if you don't dry them all the way through leaving them a little mushy on the inside.

I had some wheat berries leftover from making rejuvelac, and once I got the corn chips out of the dehydrator, I was able to put the wheat berries through the food processor with some banana and cinnamon and a spot of salt. This is smoothed out on a couple of teflex sheets and dehydrated several hours until they can be turned over on the mesh. We call it "banana bread".

We also made some refried no-beans to have with the corn chips sometime next week.

We had the taco soup we invented the other day for lunch. This involved combining the cheddar cheeze with leftover salsa. It was delicious and a tad spicy which was nice. The cheeze needs to be thinned with water (or coconut water or rejuvelac). We had corn chips with the soup and celery with raisin cheeze for dessert.

No comments: