Monday, April 13, 2009

Hot Lemonade and More


First off, here's how we make our "hot" lemonade. It is a recipe from Stanley Burroughs who wrote a book called Master Cleansing where he recommends drinking this whenever one feels the need to cleanse. His recipe calls for maple syrup which I don't like to use in large quantities, so I substitute honey (which he says NOT to do. Too bad.).

2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 T raw honey
1 1/4 cup water
sprinkle of cayenne

It is really quite tasty, and it hits the spot if you are feeling the need to cleanse.


I also made some "banana bread" yesterday with the wheatberries leftover from making rejuvelac. I just mix them with a few bananas, some cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. It makes a flexible bread that we might be able to make ice cream cones out of.

Today, I decided to use the tray of sprouts from yesterday to make some sprouted wheat bread. I haven't made it in a while, and Wyatt won't let me forget it! So this batch is for him!


Here's a pic of the cheeze made yesterday so you can see how much it "grew". It's alive!!!!!

Last night for dinner we had our leftover patties on a bed of lettuce and shredded zucchini. I marinated some mushrooms to put on top of the patty, and then poured alfreda sauce over it. Muy delicioso! Wyatt ate 2 helpings, but one was enough for Roger and I.

Of course, Roger had a slice of his pie, too, as did Wyatt. I'm not too crazy about stuff like that, but it did look good. We made the crust out of almond flour leftover from making almond mylk mixed with dates, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Roger made 2 more for the freezer awaiting whatver we can think of to put in there. Last week I made a mango pineapple dessert that I will probably do again. He really liked it alot, and we wanted the kids to taste it.


I love leftovers! I used the leftover Alfreda sauce to make a spinach soup for dinner tonight, added a little nutmeg, and it was fantastic. Wyatt hasn't been eating soup lately, but Roger and I don't mind a bit! More for us!

No comments: