Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hale the Almighty Kale

What a great day at the farmer's market! I can't believe all the really neat people we get to talk to each time we go. We especially like talking to the ones who have adopted a vegan lifestyle. There aren't too many, but we really enjoy the ones we do meet. We feel very connected to them.

Several of our customers have recommended we go to the Riverside Arts Market, so yesterday I submitted an application to it. I don't know if we will be accepted or not, but we will see. If we are accepted, 2 of us will go there, and the other 2 will stay at Beaver Street.

Darius and I took lemonade for breakfast, and then we had some grapes. I made kale salad before we left, so we had that for lunch. It was very popular amongst the people at the market. I think I posted the recipe for that on Thursday. We also had some pesto pasta I mixed up for us and the customers. It wasn't as popular as the kale. We took 12 heads with us and sold 10 of them! That is pretty amazing based on our past track record.

For dinner, Alicia made a salad. We haven't had too many salad meals lately, so it was very good. I love salad meals. She made kind of a Caesar-like dressing.

No comments: