Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stepping up

Man, I can't believe how crazy this week was. I really want to record this each day, but I just couldn't get done early enough to do it. I put in 16 to 18 hours each day. I think I worked 20 hours one day. I try not to think about it, but this week is is kind of bugging me because I couldn't do some of the things that are important to me, like this blog.

Anyway, we got through graduation which is what was creating a lot of the stress. It was a great group of graduates.

Anyway, back to the food...

I have to start with today because I don't know where I left off before this, and I'm not sure how far back I can remember!

Today, no breakfast; not hungry. Not sure why as I had a "no fat" day yesterday which means not too many calories consumed. After church today I had 3 altaufo mangos, my new favorite food. Later after home teaching we pulled all the partial jars out of the fridge to get it cleaned out. Wyatt had his favorite: shredded zucchini with marinara. Roger cleaned up the crabby patties from last night, and I had some refried no-beans on lettuce leaves with salsa, sliced avocado, and hemp sour cream.

Last night after a long day, Roger and Wyatt had some crabby patties that I had fixed the day before. I whipped up some tartar sauce from the mayo I made for the un-tuna. I sliced up some dill pickles and some onion, and it looked pretty tasty. I made some cole slaw by grinding up a head of cabbage in the blender with water. I then strain it through a nut mylk bag. I also ground up a carrot. I made a dressing from apple cider vinegar and agave nectar with a little salt. It was delicious, and I ate several helpings of it. I had planned on having some of the dinner, but I was too full from the salad to eat anything else. I did drink a quart of rejuvelac lemonade:

1 cup lemon juice
1 cup agave nectar

Pour this into a half gallon container. Fill the container with rejuvelac. That's it. Darius and Alicia only half fill the container with rejuvelac, and then fill it with regular water. I like to pour it over crushed ice.

I had a glass of the lemonade for breakfast on my way to the market, and then I snacked on pieces of strawberries and oranges.

I had made some banana brittle to bring to the market, and I think everone who tried it really liked it. Many signed up for the newsletter and asked for that recipe in the next one. One guy asked me to assemble the recipe components for him, minus the bananas of course.

1 cup date paste
5 medium bananas
1/4 cup flax meal
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
2 heaping cups of walnuts chopped in the food processor

Blend the dates, bananas, and flax in the food processor. Pulse in the coconut and chopped walnuts. Spread this on 2 dehydrator sheets and dry until brittle. It can be dried less for a sweet pizza.

I promise to include some pictures when I get caught up.

Last week we had some of our case of zucchini and roma tomatoes left over. They were beautiful quality from Lady Moon Farms. I didn't want them to get even close to going bad, so I went ahead and sliced them thinly and dehydrated them. I love zucchini chips. In fact, I included this suggestion in our first newsletter sent out last week.

Crabby Patties are a big hit at our house. I've adapted the recipe we got from Present Moment, but theirs is a great recipe too. I think it is posted earlier in the blog.

I think that's all I've made this week with all the work. I need to come up with some new stuff. I'm now making the raisin cheeze by the gallon. Stepping up all of my recipes to accomodate 6 of us. What to make, what to make?

2 comments:

Elizabeth M said...

Raisin cheeze - sounds good
Is that posted?

desacad said...

It is DELICIOUS. It is one of our favorite treats. I thought I posted it. I'll look for it, and post it if it's not there. I'll bring you a sample too.