Monday, May 25, 2009

Asian Night

We worked very hard much of the day, so it was good that we began our day (after a few hours of light work) with the banana mambo. Our bananas are ripening fast, so that is another good reason to have this special breakfast. It's the bananas with almond honey butter on them, plus raisins and sunnies. Ummm, Ummm, good!

Our dinner consisted of zucchini shredded with peanut sauce. We also mixed in some shredded carrot, julienned yellow pepper, and julienned mango. It was great. We still had cole slaw and ensalada left over from the weekend, so Alicia mixed them into a salad with some romaine hearts. It was really good even though it sounded a little weird as we were talking about it. I'm a big fan of cabbage all of a sudden, I don't know why.

Mock Peanut Sauce

1 recipe almond butter (about 1/2 cup if you don't make your own)
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1 T maple syrup
1 T nama shoyu
1 t crushed garlic
1/2 t grated fresh ginger
dash cayenne
dash salt
water to blend (approx 1/2 cup)

lasts 5 days

In the dehydrator, I put 2 more pounds of zucchini rounds to see what the dehydrated yield would be. The tomatoes turned out perfect as did the other things from yesterday. I made some tortillas to have with the sunflower seed pate tomorrow. I have some cheese that needs mixing, but it's late, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Last night I made the honey almond butter, and everyone went crazy over it, so I am dehydrating soaked and sprouted almonds like nobody's business so that I can keep up with the demand. I was hoping to have some for the seminary kids tomorrow.

No comments: