Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My experiments worked out pretty well. The peppers were terrific; I used some in the salsa today hoping it would absorb some of the water from the tomatoes. It had a nice consistency.

The "parm" tasted like parm, but the consistency was different of course. We haven't had an Italian dish to try it on, so we'll see how it goes.

The carmelized onions were amazing. I could make a batch of them everyday if I had time. They were a delicious snack. We never got far enough to have them on a dish. I am anxious to try them as a pizza topping.

The breads were fine. Wyatt will enjoy them. The tortillas got left in all day as I had to work in Jacksonville, and I think they would have been nicer if we could have pulled them while they were still flexible. They had a nice flavor. I haven't used them in a meal yet. I forgot to bring them out for the Mexican meal at lunchtime.

We had a lot of parsley left over from the farmer's market as we had to buy a whole case, so I started dehydrating it when I pulled the other stuff out today. One bunch went on a tray. It worked out nicely because I used the last of my dried parsley on Friday. It is a very nice product. We actually used it to make our ensalada today since we didn't have any cilantro, and it was delicious.

Our dinner today:

Living Tacos made from refried no-beans on romaine lettuce leaves
salsa (roma tomatoes, onion, dehydrated red peppers, salt, garlic)
guacamole
hemp sour cream
ensalada (shredded cabbage, parsley, lemon juice, salt)

ears of corn

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: