Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Messing Up is Hard to Do

I made smoothies for breakfast, but I was in a hurry, so I forgot the juvie base. It was a very thick smoothie! It's really hard to mess this stuff up even when you're trying!

Worked many hours today, so I didn't have time for much cooking. Alicia made a salad for us for dinner to go with yellow squash noodles and cheddar cheeze sauce. The ranch dressing is so good it makes me want a salad every day.

Darius made a fruit salad for lunch with some of all our fruit we still had. It was delicious with some of our yogurt dressing.

We were making more juvie, of course, and this time I used 2 cups of wheat berries so we could make a bigger batch of Alicheezits. We decided to make our own version of the Greek seasoning. We looked on the bottle of the one we got from Penzey's and concocted our own ratio based on the listed ingredients: coarse salt, garlic, lemon, black pepper, Turkish oregano, marjoram. It smells really good dehydrating, so maybe we got it right.

No comments: