Saturday, June 13, 2009

Long, Busy Day

We had a very long, busy day from about 7 a.m. until after midnight. You'd think we'd be able to pace ourselves through the week a little better, but maybe we will get better as we go along.

Our new recipes for the market were pineapple salsa along with guacamole and regular salsa. We also decided to do tuna. Alicia thought of a great name for it: "No Net Tuna". Isn't that clever? We made the regular kale salad, cucumber salad, raisin cheeze, ranch dressing, waldorf salad (along with little side salads), and honey almond butter. Alicia also pulled several trays of Alicheezits out of the dehydrator. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

We sprouted some more buckwheat, made more alicheezits for the dehydrator, and Alicia got some alternate universe sunnies going as well. What's that about? Can you tell I'm a stick in the mud. I like things to stay the same...

We've been sprouting 2 cups of wheat every day to keep up with the need for juvie. I think we've caught up. When I got my grocery order today, they messed up and left off my cashews, so we're hard pressed for our cheezes until I can get another order next Friday.

No comments: