Sunday, May 3, 2015

Salt of the Earth


Last night I put some beans on to cook, large limas, my favorite. I wanted to try something different and found this recipe and video on the internet. I was intrigued by her use of kombu as I had heard it was used to add umami to foods (Umami is a savory taste, one of the 5 basic tastes together with sweet, sour, bitter, and salty.) 

Low fat vegan chef recipe for cooking dried beans with added salt and no fat:


I use a slow cooker to cook my beans. They were pretty good, but I'm still missing the salt a little bit. Same with the corn chowder from last night. I don't miss it enough to not eat it, but it definitely adds to my satisfaction. There was some sodium in the catsup.

Breakfast: 6 bananas

Lunch: 3 bananas

Dinner: 736 g dried large limas w/ 114 g catsup (with some Smokin Homegrown pepper sauce)

Total calories: 1402 fruit 2359 total

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 87/10/3

No comments: