Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Be Nice, and I'll Make You a Nice Cream

So why "nice" cream? Well, it's nice on a couple of different levels. Because it's made from plant food instead of exploiting our bovine friends, so the cows are a lot happier. Also, it's pretty nice to our heart and other organs as there is no fat or cholesterol to clog things up. Oh, yeah, and it tastes good, too, and you can can eat it for breakfast like I did today. I put 5 frozen bananas in my Vitamix and let them sit for a few minutes to thaw a tiny bit. I added a fresh banana, 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, and 25 grams of coconut sugar. (It doesn't really need the extra sweetening, but it helps get the carb calories up where they're supposed to be.) That was it. No liquid. The Vitamix mixed it up into a lovely softserve bowl of goodness which held me for about 6 hours until lunch time. I'd say that's pretty nice. Here's what else I ate today:

Breakfast: 7 bananas, 1 T cacao powder, 25 g coconut sugar, vanilla stevia

Lunch: 4 mangoes

Dinner: 4 cups basmati rice, diced tomatoes, El Pato tomato sauce

Total calories: 1657 fruit; 2533 total

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 90/6/4

No comments: