Saturday, May 2, 2015

I'll Always Remember You, Dad

Not sure what to talk about today. My father passed away on this day in 1985 from a throat cancer. I was living in Utah at the time, and I was having trouble trying to figure out when to come as I had two small children at home, and a 12 year old. When I finally got my ticket and got to Ft. Lauderdale where my dad was staying at my Uncle Jimmy's, I was able to be with my father for the last 12 hours of his life. I treasure this time; it was one of the most sacred days of my life, and I learned a lot being with him in those last hours. I arranged his funeral the next day at my old Church in Ft. Lauderdale since daddy didn't have one. I flew home the next day, and was reunited with my nursing baby and the other 2 boys. It was a tough week for all of us and one I will always remember. I also got to stay with my Aunt Katherine while I was there, and we had a wonderful visit as well. She was very kind to all of us girls. You can see by the picture that daddy was in the Air Force. I was born on an Air Force base in Ft. Worth, Texas while he was stationed there during the Korean conflict. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: watermelon

Lunch: bananas

Dinner: Vegan corn chowder

Total calories: 1998 fruit (Yay!);  total 2509

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 90/5/5

No comments: