Monday, May 4, 2015

Mess Up Day

I've spent a lot of years dieting, so it comes as no surprise to me when I have a mess up day. I learned long ago that my resolve to NEVER eat another whatever, wasn't going to happen. HOWEVER, this wasn't one of those days. I just wanted a salad, and my husband had been talking about making one for 5 or 6 days, so today was the day. So what's the problem, you ask.

For me a salad is not a lovely bowl of lettuce lightly sprinkled with lemon juice. My salads are huge and literally doused in salad dressing. I think when I am wanting a salad, what I am really wanting is a big bowl of greens floating in salad dressing. At least today when I ate my salad, I prepared a vegan dressing using a vegan mayonnaise. But my, what a price to pay in terms of my being able to stay within my parameters. After I entered what I had eaten in CRON-O-Meter and realized how badly I had done, I tried for a high carb no fat dinner, but the damage had been done. I'd like to say lesson learned, but who knows. I can be such a dummy sometimes.

I tried to tell Roger I wanted the salad at night so that I could get more fruit in during the day, but he gets very confused about the precise details of what I'm eating. At least he knew not to put the meat and cheese on my salad that was added to his and Wyatt's. Who am I to complain when someone wants to fix food for me when I'm working and don't have time to fix it. Of course, how difficult is it to peel a banana? Seriously?

Re: recipes. I am trying to decide if I want to go down the tofu trail to replicate vegan mayonnaise, ranch dip, etc. I have not been a fan before as I think there are issues with soy not being as healthy as just plain food, but I can't just eat fruit and vegetables yet (especially vegetables) without dips, dressings, and sauces. Of course, the need for too many vegetables is not great. One can get all their nutrients from fruit, but I am not yet acclimated to that. Sometimes I just don't want any more sweet. (Anyone who knows me finds that hard to believe, I know.) So now that we've had true confessions, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 6 bananas, 16 oz Harmless Harvest coconut water


Lunch: Large tossed salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, craisins, and 162 g homemade Thousand Island dressing (This is the recipe for a batch: (It makes about 2 pints) 16 oz jar vegenaise, 8 oz catsup, 4 oz sweet pickle relish, and 25 g coconut sugar)


Dinner: 2 cups leftover lima bean soup with an 8 oz can of El Pato tomato sauce, 33 grams coconut sugar, and a splash of apple cider vinegar (I’m trying to replicate catsup.)


Total calories: 841 fruit; 2609 total

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 69/8/24 (Yikes!)

No comments: