Saturday, May 2, 2015

Fruit, Fruit, and More Fruit



I learned yesterday while reading the comments on a Facebook post that 2000 of my 2500 calorie minimum are supposed to be in fruit before I get to the dinner meal. I had been wondering what would motivate someone to eat minimally before hitting those starches when the clock strikes 4:00. (I just got an image of Fred Flinstone checking out of his job at 4:00, yabba dabba do.) 



I guess that speaks to the addictive nature of the cooked foods and/or grains if we think about it that way as the fruit in itself is so delightful. I know from the 3 weeks I spent only eating fruit that I got tired of it some days. I just wanted something savory. Salads were very appealing. The day I stopped and went to this plan, I had a giant salad with Thousand Island dressing for lunch. I still remember how good it tasted. Maybe I needed to be eating more greens. Maybe I just take the fruit for granted when that is all I'm eating. I can't wait to eat fruit in the morning and don't miss savory dishes at all at breakfast time. Here's what I ate yesterday:







May 1, 2015 Friday

Breakfast: watermelon, dragon fruit


Lunch: Youhoo daterade, banana


Dinner: boiled potatoes w/ El Pato tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and yellow corn


Total calories: 1650 fruit; 2794 total

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 89/6/5

No comments: