Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Raw Fooders go Mainstream



Yesterday on the Rachel Ray TV show she had a little video segment on 2 entertainers, Jason Mraz and Justin Kredible, who do a Music, Magic, and Make Peace Tour which includes magic tricks. The thing that I found interesting about it was that they travel with their entourage of 11 men on a bus to travel from place to place which uses bio diesel resulting in a very green footprint. They also make all their own meals on the bus with their own raw chef who travels with them. The video shows him making raw burritos and some kind of green smoothie. Here's the link to her show where the video is available:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/magic-and-music-justin-and-jason/#

I find it fascinating when raw fooders go mainstream. I guess I still consider it a subculture, but there really are a LOT of people taking this path. I can't help but wonder where it will end up. I am so impressed by the number of young people who have the wisdom to do this. They are not motivated by disease, but by the good sense that it makes to go raw. Because they are young, they don't have the years and years and years of crap to get rid of (excuse the pun) either. I would like to believe that they can make a difference in the years to come because I would hope that they will make the right decisions in their life as the truth of all things will "resonate" with them, not just the truth in food decisions. Time will tell, I suppose. I wonder if this movement is a part of our society moving towards the second coming.

No comments: