Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Just wondering where we got these ideas ...

Have you met my friends? For all they know, they are headed for some playful days in the mud. I was thinking today why so many animals have been bred for eating. It is a weird concept. My children raised pigs for their 4-H projects, and they are amazingly intelligent creatures. Same with our goats. That's the only farm animals we've raised, but I'm sure the same can be said of other animals. I wonder where we got the idea that farm animals are stupid. It is weird to think of a world where no animals are eaten. I wonder what the numbers would look like.

Here's what I ate today while the fam dined on Bar-B-Q pork nachos (sorry, fellas):

Breakfast: 1 large cantaloupe

Lunch: 8 bananas

Snack: 2 mangoes, 16 oz Harmless Harvest coconut water (this tastes like the real thing)

Dinner: 2 lbs potatoes, 4 oz salsa

Total calories: 2442

Caloronutrient ratio (carbs/protein/fat): 92/5/3

No comments: